FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reflections on a EWR-LAX in C on a 777
View Single Post
Old Nov 9, 2018, 11:40 am
UA_Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
I have flown United for over 27 years. One thing that has been evolving over the years is the hard product is getting better with advancement in technology and innovation including the Lounges and airport facilities (with the exception of IAD, but we know that death, tax and IAD “temporary” terminals are pretty certain in life).

More people are flying over the years, so the “special feeling” of PS or international premium class is no long felt. Because the increase in air travel, services and soft products are no longer kept at the same level as before. For example, SQ is In the same boat. Great hard products but services and soft products have been cut back, although it is still a dam good airlines to fly and I still love flying them as much as I could.

In the “old days”, PS meals were great and there were two meals served. Now, the entree choices seem to be the same on every flight. JFK staffs were excellent and the Global First Lounge/ RCC was a nice and quiet lounge as compare to the EWR staffs and packed United Clubs.

I am fine with PS of today, the flatbed and IFE help to make the journey less stressful.