FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another winning lawsuit against BA for cancelling tickets that were "too cheap"
Old Nov 9, 2018, 9:24 am
craigthemif
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA

Because BA don’t offer sub £500 long haul J fares or sub £1k long haul F fares as far as I remember. Very difficult for anyone who booked Viking or Bratwurst to claim they had no idea it was a mistake.

This TLV fare is far more marginal as the error seemed largely to relate to booking class rather than fre level. I assume that’s why BA gave £100 vouchers to all who booked.
OK. But say I rarely, if ever fly BA, decide to visit the Eastern Med, and see Istanbul or Cyprus for £400 and Tel Aviv for £500. Why exactly should I be so convinced that £500 is a mistake fare? Or that there is a particularly cheap fare ex-ZRH - even in F - because BA is annoyed that Swiss launched a fare sale from the UK and wants to fight back...

I don't doubt that some people book error fares in the full knowledge that they are probably error fares. But that doesn't mean that the basic assumption should be that all people booking cheap fares are surely aware that they are errors...