FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott.com website : bugs, glitches and outages
Old Nov 9, 2018, 8:17 am
matt_s_london

Programs: BAEC Gold, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingBeanCounter
What is up with the activity issue? I haven't updated since October 20th and I am 8 nights from ambassador.

I am afraid to call in though - who wants to wait 2 hours to find out there is a "known issue" and that they are "working on it". One little nugget of fun though - I called in a few weeks ago to do something and I asked the person on the other end what happened. He told me:

1. During the conversion it was work all the overtime you want. And, they were paying bonuses just for completing a shift (people were not working full shifts because the anger was so great about the merger).

2. There was apparently testing on the merged systems and it was perfect. I would actually have paid money to be in the meetings when the testing people found out they were wrong. Can you see the IT people doing the traditional IT thing of blame shifting?

How on earth did any of these clowns keep their job? I have done plenty of conversions and I would have been fired had I screwed up this bad on any of them.
I did call and the agents response was that she wasn't aware of any problem but that she would escalate it 'upstairs'... Really don't believe it was the first time of hearing this issue. I sent through a receipt to prove a recent stay that hadn't been credited. A few hours later they sent me my receipt back as if I had asked for it (rather than having sent it to them!?) - CRAZY

Agreed on the 'IT transformation' must have been some awkward moments. It will start to bite them soon as I won't be loyal to a brand I have lost trust in.