FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can you earn miles, MQM, etc on partner award tickets?
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:07 am
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
This is same user that posted this beauty - Change flight to "connect" via final destination

While shouldn't waste time with an answer, note AF/KL prohibit changing the FF# on award tickets. Ran into an issue early this year with a DL SM award on KLM INTRA-EU. My SM number didn't transfer over. Thus system wasn't giving correct baggage allowance. Agent couldn't get system to accept my DL FF#. Apparently AF/KL changed system to prevent it from being changed on awards. Agent was told to manually override the bag fees, no way to enter the SM#. Regardless the system knows what fare classes are awards. Even if get rebooked into a regular fare class in IRROPS, system will generally see that was originally an award fare class paid for.

Cheers, @sydneyracquelle and @aacar — pardon this young bloke for asking what apparently seems like an absurd question. I've seen more than a handful of stories about earning and/or cross-crediting award flights for credit, so felt it was worth asking. As they say, there's no such thing as a stupid question?
Yes, yes sadly there is. Let's assume you really and truly believe this is a reasonable question. You then blow any of that assumption away with your response. You then argue that it is perfectly reasonable question. If you know your answer, why even ask the questiin?

Last edited by flyerCO; Nov 9, 2018 at 6:19 am