FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mileage Run Strategy
View Single Post
Old Nov 8, 2018, 10:43 pm
Flying for Fun

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by manymanymiles
If my calculations are correct I will be just under 8,500 short of 75,000 miles at the end of this year.

So as we have no plans for the holidays what's the easiest and most cost effective way to get the miles I need?

I am based in southern CA and look forward to your ideas.

Thanks
Well if you are only 8.5K away from 75K on AS only flights, we know you are already "Golden." Congrats on achieving that. Are you looking at a strict mileage run or possibly a mini holiday? Do you have a companion certificate? They are great for an almost 2 for 1, if you are mileage running with someone else.

The furthest non-stop you can do from LAX is SJO, San José Costa Rica at 2721 miles. ANC is 2324 from LAX, SEA is 1444 Miles from ANC and LAX is 954 Miles from SEA. A good Solid 10,164 EQM on 5 flights as a circle trip (multi city) itinerary. LAX-SJO, SJO-ANC & ANC-LAX. Of course there are many different permutations.

Ultimately, what I like to do is a mini vacation, use one of my companion certificates and hopefully some U availability to secure F with GGUs.

Within some of cheap markets where the distance is up to 500 miles you still require 17 flights.

James