FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)
Old Nov 8, 2018, 6:53 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond

Date of Flight: November 4, 2018
Flight Number and Route flown: AS XXX SEA-LAX
Time of Departure: 8:50am
Length of flight: 2:00
Class of service: First
Meal served: Breakfast
Meal Description: Today's choices were a Swiss Cheese, Leek and Potato Frittata Served with Bacon or the Breakfast Protein Plate. I’ve only ever been served the mid-afternoon Protein Plate so I don’t know what exactly is included in the breakfast version. I do know that I didn’t much care for the afternoon version though and honestly, the name alone just doesn’t sound very appealing to me. I want real food with names that make sense to me – not some abstract collection of foodstuffs defined by a name that only a bodybuilder could appreciate.

As you might imagine, I ordered the Frittata. It was okay but it didn’t really present well on the plate. It could’ve used some bread and potatoes - or if we want to score points with those health minded Southern Californian gym rats – perhaps some sautéed mushrooms or a broiled tomato with a half-slice of non-buttered multi-grain toast. Anyway, it's a good thing I'm not too squeamish to take food photos. You can judge for yourself from the above visage...