FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand
Old Nov 8, 2018, 4:53 pm
Kalboz

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by dsquared37
What? There's no chillis in your yam pla duk fu' sauce? Sacrilege.

Agreed that around ROS is a very interesting area (Talad Noi) all the way up to Chinatown. Great food, including not commonly seen items like 'guay tiao kua gai', in side street setups.

I'm not as big on the hotel itself as I find the suites spartan and old, the bathrooms small and the lounge food poor quality. I've also had poor results with the 'bartender' during lounge cocktails and been refused service by an egg cook downstairs (that was a doozy) however the price and location to explore and eat is very good. There are also some great bars in the southeastern area of Chinatown (just west of Hualampong). A gin bar called Teens of Thailand (ToT,I've no idea of the bar's name and no, there are no children there nor is any way involved in the sex trade) was the most recent place I hit up for some well made drinks from an extensive gin list.
The chilies were hidden - the crispy fish was spicy enough! Indeed, the rice noodles in addition to everything else is delicious. You'll often see me walking around with my kids with food in my mouth and both hands are full.

ROS food is nothing to write home about, and, hence, the addiction to street food. But the ROS' beats the lounge offerings at most North American or European Sheraton properties by a huge margin. And, at least they have a lounge (for water, milk, and other beverages) unlike the aloft or the 4P. WGS has a very tiny lounge.