FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2018 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)
Old Nov 8, 2018, 4:33 pm
Brooke.E

Programs: AA Plat Pro
AVML Breakfast

I order the AVML due to the limited use of dairy products. Being lactose intolerant (small amounts of dairy are ok), this has been a great, flavorful option for lunch and dinner that has met my dietary needs very well. I have very much appreciated that AA has provided this option.

However, I had my first AVML breakfast from LAS-CLT on Sunday and it was terrible. I also don't feel that it met the description in any way - it certainly wasn't the slightest bit spicy and included yogurt (dairy) as one of the main components. My entree was just vegetables that looked and tasted like canned veggies - carrots, broccoli and green beans with no seasoning. My sides were the same as everyone else's breakfast: yogurt and fruit. I was quite hungry so I ate the veggies but they were truly terrible and could not be called an entree. The fruit was good but a very small portion. I couldn't eat the yogurt. I would've expected them to provide an alternative side for the yogurt and was very surprised they did not as my past AVML's have went as far as to provide a butter substitute to limit the dairy use. I was definitely still very hungry after eating my fruit and veggies!

​​​​