FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old Nov 8, 2018, 10:09 am
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I also value BHR's opinions ... some of which I agree with and others which I disagree with.
Thanks. Now I’m gonna blush. At least partially.

That being said, I think most of us would agree that his experiences are different that the vast majority of us with ambassadors. Perhaps its because I stay in a range of properties over my 125 nights in Starriott properties but when I do stay in LC properties, I don't see much difference in treatment that when I'm at a TownPlace Suites, although the property may be nicer of course.
I’m a little surprised by the hyperbole of your assessment, and that has nothing to do for me with the Ambassadors at all! If you really aren’t noticing a difference in treatment and service between a Luxury Collection property and a TownePlace property, then...

(1) There’s something terribly wrong or disappointing with the LC properties at which you stay OR you’re staying at a shockingly exceptional TownePlace property...or
(2) You just don’t care about or don’t appreciate the inherent differences in service, food/beverage quality, amenities, hard product, and location between the LC and TownePlace brands...or
(3) That explains why you don’t appreciate many of the differences in Ambassador treatment, anyway. Since you obviously don’t appreciate them irrelevant to the Ambassador program!

Your statement suggests you have trouble differentiating between LC and TownePlace properties beyond their hard product (nicer decor, nicer bedding, nicer lighting, nicer furnishings, etc). You might not notice or care about he soft product (personal attention, individualized service, better food/beverage quality, nicer/luxury touches, more services, etc) that is a big part of the difference between those brands. You’re entitled to not notice those soft product differences, of course...but those differences are usually pretty discernible to most of us, I think. You’re entitled not to care about those soft product differences, of course...but those differences in service and treatment are also the foundation for most of what we discuss in this thread and relative to the nicer and luxury brands!

Basically, if you can’t or don’t appreciate the differences in service and treatment between LC and TownePlace brands on their own, that may go a long way to explaining how you similarly can’t or don’t appreciate or even notice the positive impacts of Ambassador service and status. That’s wildly different from me, but at least then it would be consistent.

Last edited by bhrubin; Nov 8, 2018 at 10:19 am