FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Yeyyy Silver! Awwww, not Silver?!
View Single Post
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:11 am
TWCLAM

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Yeyyy Silver! Awwww, not Silver?!

Morning All,

So firstly after our LGW-RAK registered across the system we have hit Silver. This was our goal and have done it as leisure travellers on a little under 6 months. Obviously we've been keanly tracking things on the BA app and this morning we saw that whilst it still said we were Bronze the TP's had hit pushing us to 640 & easily within Silver. Thanks to you lovely people we also knew that the app is bloody useless at certain things and showing status/ correct next tier info is one of it's many faults.

I've brought the laptop away with me though so after breakfast decided to login so I could see the shiny Silver banner etc etc. Crestfallen I saw the Bronze remains. Whilst I'd like to see this displaying correctly it's the end of the world however I then went to book some seats and despite the website saying i'm silver it still wanted us to pay for said seats. It's an existing booking and the OB seats were paid for back when we were Bronze but we decided we could wait to reserve the RTN leg for free. Is this why it's not automatically allowing us to do free seat selection, is it a bug on the website( rather than the app) or is it just being a b**ch and not letting me have my fun?

***additional: OB/ Silver awarding flight was sector 11 and all sectors have been flown on BA Metal.
Have gone Blue-Bronze-Silver in 6 months having never been BAEC members before

Lastly but by no means least Mrs Clam & I would like to thank you all for the help, guidance, knowledge sharing and corrections offered since I joined FT. You've taught us some great little tips n tricks & just in general made life flying a little more fun & enjoyable and for that we're both VERY grateful.

640, the new Bronze

Then why.......

..... this?

Last edited by Prospero; Nov 8, 2018 at 2:04 am Reason: cropped out visible URL containing personal data (second image)