FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand
Old Nov 7, 2018, 1:47 pm
barracuda93

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by Kalboz
If you are talking about the ROS, you are mistaken my friend. This property is very convenient especially for sightseeing. First off, the OP is travelling with family and a baby, so it's prudent to keep him out of the Silom and Sukhumvit areas.
The ROS is located in a historical area of Bangkok on the river between two public piers and provides easy access to all modes of transport. The hotel offers complimentary shuttle service to/from the piers of Silom BTS Line at Saphan Taksin.
I can't see how a necessity to take a boat or shuttle can be more convenient than direct or at least easily walkable access to BTS/MRT. There is no point to argue about tastes and preferences – if you enjoy river more that city center, that's perfectly fine, but logistically ROS is a pain. It is hard to access from either of the airports, it is hard to access from either of the main bus terminals, it is quite far from BTS and MRT lines and nearest BST/MRT stations are in the far end of respective lines. It is far from main Bangkok malls and cinemas. The only advantage from logistical point of view is relative proximity to the train station (if one plans to go to the North by train).
I assume that's not only my view, and it is its poor location that is reflected in its award price and usual cash prices. I have seen ROS for the same prices as Aloft. And I am sure ROS is better in everything, aside from its location.