FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone move to M&M from OW lately?
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2018, 10:54 pm
berlindave

Programs: AA EXP, Lifetime Platinum, 2.6M
Morning everyone, Thank you all profoundly for the great counsel, especially on the finer point of the pitfalls of A3.
@NewbieRunner you are 100% right, I will be trying to make my connections MUC all the time if I can

did some research and had a couple of questions:
@AlienInTheFatherland: I'm not sure I understand the play here, I can't find it on the M&M chart, if you fly 30 segments on LH metal you achieve Gold status for two years? I could easily do the 30 segments...but that doesn't seem like very much? I'm probably reading your advice wrong so any clarification would be really helpful.
@Unterwegs, you're right the AA J seats are actually really good and I was disappointed in the LH J I was on last month inasmuch as it's a tight fit. That being said, it is worth the switch if I can't maintain EXP in a year where I don't spend 15K
@Jaenks thank you for the tip on TK. That might be a good move. Do they have a lifetime program as well? How have you found the advantages in general? Doesn't look terrible on LH redemption so could be worse.

General question: some of you have indicated I should go for SEN. Am I calculating earning rates wrong? I usually do 100-150 a year but would do some runs if it meant stretching a little, but I could never double my mileage in a year to make the 600K in two years. Am I wrong or is there some earning pattern I'm not understanding that is easier to achieve SEN if you're willing to go downtown on the system?