FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award Ticket routing advice
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2018, 6:58 pm
Shadowfactor

Programs: AA Platinum Pro | Hyatt Globalist | HH Diamond | SPG Gold
We were looking at Palawan but decided against it due to her lack of travel experience and the feedback we got against it. It seems best suited for a different time. We are in our mid 20's with lots of time to travel.

I don't think shes going to want to go anywhere else on this trip. Shes got it set her in her head she wants to lay on the beach for most of the trip. Shes already got the hotels figured out.
So it looks like it will just be Bali on this trip.

I'm looking to book this in 2 months exactly 365 days from the date we fly. I was hoping this would max my chances of finding 2 J tickets.
I haven't flown on any kind of award ticket before. I have flown to SE asia but that was with my parents 8 years ago for HS graduation. I really have no idea what to expect when it comes to booking award tickets.
Based on my previous searches though It seems like its not all that hard to find award space for 2 tickets as long as you book a year ago.

Ideally I would want to fly into CGK unless a different routing would save me several thousand miles.

The only FFP that I have any kind of usable balance in is Delta as I fly them for work. I have 140K.