FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Bayshore Vancouver [Master Thread]
Old Nov 6, 2018, 12:58 pm
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
My only problem last week with a 2pm checkout was that even though I put 2pm in the app, and that app said 'you're good for 2pm checkout' that never translated into the actual system so my keys stopped working at 2pm and the front desk asked me when I was going to depart when I came at 1:45pm asking why my keys stopped working. Marriott IT at its finest.
I presume you meant the keys stopped at 12N. This is not an IT issue, but rather a FDC failure either doing or knowing how to reprogram the keys given at check in. Personally, I think they should set all the keys to expire at 6pm (or at least for the elites). As soon as a new key is used on the door the old one is invalid so other than sneaking in before the next guest the room is secure.
Also, upgrade to anything on the hot section of the breakfast buffet is $7CAD. Not the end of the world, but the Marriott certificate that they give you says "breakfast" nothing about only cold items, or limits, etc. Shame on Marriott for more deception.
Yes, a bit deceptive. I guess they could have a table set up with cello wrapped danish in the corner and call that breakfast (shades of Quality Inns). I wonder if you ask if the chit is good for a hot or cold breakfast, maybe the food staff is pulling a fast one?
The amazing views from the tower rooms and even from the restaurant and lobby bar continue to be a big reason to stay here. The location is also fantastic for walking/biking Stanley Park and wandering over to Robson street for shopping.
There are a lot of things that can counter the issues you've posted. Only you can decide if that's enough. Not the end of the world.