FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PETS on Board - Delta Air Lines
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2018, 5:24 am
bhomburg

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Originally Posted by Xeno
I am looking at taking spouse and 13 lb Lhasa Apso in late Dec to GSP. This is a one-way FC ticket as I will be picking up an X5 at the BMW plant in Spartanburg.
OKC-ATL is MD88 so I should be okay but ATL-GSP is an RJ. So what would happen with the RJ with no FC? Must I fly to ATL then take a rental to Spartanburg?
You'll be booked into Y on segments on RJs without a First cabin - no need to drive. The ATL-GSP segment isn't operated by DL mainline but by several regional carriers branded as Delta Connection. As far as I know, carry-on pets generally are accepted on all of them in all classes of service. Check here for details: https://www.delta.com/us/en/pet-trav...ion-pet-travel, and make sure the agent you talk to is aware of the carrier change in ATL so your pet is booked correctly the whole way.
However, if you are flexible with your timing and willing to juggle connections around a bit, there's options where you'll be able to sit in F on both segments: Endeavor Air (dba Delta Connection) offers some ATL-GSP flights on CRJ 900s, and those have 12 F seats.