FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Downgraded due to defective seats
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2018, 5:19 am
zrh2yvr

Programs: AC SE 100K
Downgraded due to defective seats

Originally Posted by canadiancow
There were two defective seats in J. My friends sat in PY.
Speaking of 2 defective seats - - I was booked and confirmed 8 months ago for Lattitude e-Up for AC854 from YVR-LHR. . . Checked in 24 hours out - had seat (was puzzled as I was booked in 2K but ended up with 5D) - - Green checkmark on name. Then - the next day. while eating lunch on DOF, I decided for some reason to look at the app . . I nearly lost my lunch - - Why did I not have a green check any more? Also - Seat now shows as "GTE"?

So - Off to the airport I go. Ultimately, there were 2 defective seats so I was the one who was downgraded and put on J-SBY.

Long story short - - Really was downgraded. I have to trust that the order of the downgrade was correct and the others which did not lose the upgrade were at SE100 (2-3 others were also green check mark). Sat in 31G - - (Preferred seat but still - - ). Ultimately, you want to complain but ultimately it was just bad luck.

This was my first overseas economy flight in close to 20 years. If I didn't have to make it to London for a meeting - I would have declined to board . . . .

Crew were pretty nice about it and probably had some sympathy. I had an infant in the bassinet beside me, then 3 more babies within 2 rows and 6 more babies still within 10 rows. Sat beside the Lav - probably met the whole plane. And - finally - the food? wow !! What happened? It certainly has been downgraded since my last Y-Meal which was probably around 2002. I have to honestly say that it would be considered bad quality even in Prison.!!!

One thing I would say is that the seat was fairly comfortable and ultimately I did sleep for 2.5 hours.

Hopefully - never again!!!