FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trio Hotel Healdsburg, CA (Residence Inn brand) [Master Thread]
Old Nov 6, 2018, 5:17 am
boolean64

I stayed here in September for one night. Overall a great option if you're looking for someplace to sleep and shower (and maybe breakfast or play in the pool). It can get pricey in peak season but it's the only chain hotel option that's not in downtown santa rosa which is just too far if you are wine tasting and dining in healdsburg. and it's a better hotel than either the courtyard or the hyatt in santa rosa.

In terms of booking, they had blocked Saturday night award redemptions online even though base rooms (studios without a balcony) were available for sale on the website. Platinum CS was of no help and told me to call the property. I called the property and the front desk clerk booked me "as an exception" because i was platinum. This issue may have been addressed as availability seems to be fine on the website... will see how peak season in september plays out and if there are capacity controls that just haven't been reached yet for summer bookings

The hotel has a good design aesthetic, does not feel like a cookie cutter residence inn but does still feel like a mid-priced hotel from layout and fixture quality. Location is on Dry Creek Road by the Best Western. Very convenient for wine tasting. A little over a mile to Healdsburg square so a long walk for going into town for dinner, shopping and such. They do have bikes available and there is a shuttle that runs every half hour into town (drops off and picks up in the parking lot behind the square right by Bear Republic Brewery). The shuttle is complimentary (I do not recall if there was a destination fee or not) but only runs until 8 so for dinner will take you into town but you're likely on your own to get back. We got a lyft back to the hotel no problem.

Check in was efficient and pleasant. Status recognized but no upgrade provided. I asked but I forget if they told me they don't upgrade or one bedroom suites were sold out. Didn't really care given a one night stay in a residence inn. A half bottle of seghesio zin was provided.

Rooms were obviously brand spanking new. Standard residence inn layout with TV breaking up the studio room between bed and living area. Bathroom was large-ish with paul mitchell toiletries.

We did not try the complimentary breakfast. Nor the pool. We were really just there to sleep and freshen up.

Hotel served its purpose well. Will definitely return.

Last edited by boolean64; Nov 6, 2018 at 5:22 am