FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Shop at KLM
Thread: Shop at KLM
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2018, 3:57 am
eastindywalrus

Programs: DL Skymiles, AF/KL Flying Blue
Originally Posted by tezzer
Yes, I gave them 3 or 4 days notice, but it was too short. The senior purser came before take off and asked if I had purchased anything for delivery, and I explained what had happened. Sure enough, she soon confirmed that the bottle hadn't been loaded onto the outbound leg, and was therefore not available. If it had been possible to deliver it onto my KLC flight from Amsterdam to Humberside, then it would have been easier, but of course, it isn't possible on flights of less than 90 minutes.
Yeah, there's a surprisingly amount of logistics involved in getting a specific product loaded on a specific flight, unfortunately. The page does say that for inbound flights to KLM, you can order up to 48 hours in advance. I'm curious whether KLM had another reason why it couldn't arrange it on this particular flight for you. But it wouldn't have been possible to get it on your KLM flight to Humberside anyways. Per the product page:

Can be delivered on international KLM flights departing to and from Amsterdam excluding KLM flights to Tehran, Kuwait and Doha and within the European Union.
So, at least until Brexit, you couldn't get it on that flight regardless of flight length.