FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Email Us (and give us 6 weeks..)
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2018, 2:31 am
LondonElite
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by I 40
Why have they not disabled that feature until they are in a better position to respond quicker?

Sent an email request (from the website) for a basic request in August. Took 5 weeks for a response and they asked for more info ( a sham, they had all they needed).

Chalked it up to the August merger so tried again on 9/22 for a cancelled award stay where the points did not return to my account.

6 weeks later I get this:

What gets me is they want me to reply back? Then wait another 6 weeks to have you request for more info?

Yes, I know I can call, but just don't want to set aside 45 mins for that. It shouldn't be this hard.

Thanks for allowing me to rant....
Hotels are known to be poor email communicators, so this does not surprise me at all. There are simply too many people working different shifts at the front desk for there to be a reliable email conversation. No one really 'owns' the communication. It is for this reason that hotels still rely on faxes (yes!), because it pro-actively produces a sheet of paper that is attached to a booking. Unless your property is sufficiently upscale that there is a full-time concierge whom you can email, I suggest calling (I'm not sure why think this takes 45 minutes, I would imagine closer to three) or faxing.