View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 18, 1:06 am
snaxmuppet
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BAEC Silver
Just a quick update on my progress towards booking my first TP run... it isn't good.

I decided to call AA and see if they can help me book my itinerary. Again, very helpful agent tried but was stopped by the system... she couldn't book more than 6 sectors on the one PNR. Splitting the trip sent the price out of acceptable range.

So I am a bit stuck. I saw that the UL DXB-CMB-CGK was great value so I am looking at doing a LHR-DXB using cash and Avios and then 3 x DXB-CMB-CGK almost b2b but on different PNRs with a night in the Premier Inn at DXB between them. I might stick myself in the pod hotel in Jakarta just for fun! The trip is a little less interesting and would take a bit longer but I would get to Gold for not a lot more than Silver going West.

The return stop at CMB is just 1hr 5 mins but I heard that it is a very small airport and making that connection should be fine (I'll be HBO). Fingers crossed... I'd have to do it 3 times without a hitch. What are the chances?

I am determined to get something booked today. I have spend days on this... I am getting a bit tired of looking at Matrix now!