FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AirCanada misrepresenting fare class to *A partner programs?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:22 pm
secretalcoholic

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by Santander

My solution has been to book Flex fares partly to avoid this hassle, so congratulations AC, I guess your antics worked...

I have 32 segments on AC this year, about 1/4 in Standard, 1/2 in Flex, and 1/4 in paid J. All the Standard segments were intially credited as T on MP, regardless of actual fare class booked (none were STLAK fares), and all of the Flex and J segments were credited as the actual class booked. Not sure what happens with a Flex T fare... I booked one for the first time today, so I guess I'll find out... or maybe this is a good time to make use of 24 hour cancellation.
Unfortunately, I have been booking on Flex fares as well and still getting the T credit. However it seems to only affect G fares.

Which brings to my other question...Is G fare considered a Flex fare? I ask because AC's Manage My Booking section shows it as Economy - Flex. But it's weird that only G is crediting as T for me. (all other codes such as Q are OK)