FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)
Old Nov 5, 2018, 7:41 pm
AS737

Originally Posted by acarney
Wait a sec, what happened to "one option will always be vegetarian" that AS had promoted a couple months ago when this new F menu came out? Both those breakfasts feature meat....
In the breakfast above (as well as the other option), all individual items are in separate tins and the meat can easily just not be added to the plate.

Originally Posted by acarney
I'm curious how they're plated, I was hoping on a recent Delta flight that I could just ask for the chicken to not be put on the entrée sized salad, but noticed catering already had plated everything together in plastic containers and the FA's just put them on plates... That might be the case with this as well, so while someone that doesn't like to eat meat might be ok, but someone that actively does NOT eat meat (vegetarian/vegan) probably wouldn't be ok knowing the food has hung out with each other for however long before and it was just removed. Also, you're removing a large portion of your "meal". I was happy to see that AS finally decided to make a vegetarian option available on their flights. It wouldn't have been hard for them to go for a large portion of egg or something like that instead of the meat... I assume pre-order would have only offered those two options for breakfast too, when again it could be so easy for them to just remove the meat and double the egg portion, and probably still save food cost.
In most hot meals, the meat is in a separate tin and can easily just not be added to the plate. In cold meals (salads for example), the meat is in a paper cup and is added to the salad by the FA. Again, easily not added if someone wants a vegetarian salad.