View Single Post
Old Nov 5, 18, 2:50 pm
turbov6

Programs: National EE
Originally Posted by standing01 View Post
Looks like folks in the US have started getting their Amex SPG free night certificates posting to their account.. Anyone with the Canadian version have anything posted in their account yet?
I called AMEX a couple weeks ago and the agent said I should receive the Amex SPG free night certificate in 8-10 weeks after the annual fee posted. The agent at this time confirmed I would be receiving it.

10 weeks had passed and still no certificate so I called back in today and was informed that now I won't be receiving the free night certificate this year. This is because my reset date is late July. The annual fee posted late August but they are going by the reset date and not the annual fee posting date. And anyone who is has a reset date before August 15th won't be getting the free night even though they are paying the annual fee. (The reset date should be on the last page of your statement).

I tried escalating this and speaking with a supervisor but wasn't having any luck. Not sure it's worth the effort to pursue this further but it can be done so at this LINK on the Amex webite. May be easier to just cancel the card and try to get the annual fee rebated back.