FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bag Lost by Iberia but Fly again today on BA
Old Nov 5, 2018, 9:05 am
LTN Phobia
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by stu287
Yeah this is a difficult one as I have around 36 hours in washington then on to Austin for 24 hrs, onto Memphis for 48 hours, then over to Dallas for a week so the chances of getting the bag to land at my given location will be minimal. Lets hope it comes in on the flight they originally said and I just get the bag tonight in DC.

If I were in your position, I'd get an agreement from the hotel/accommodation in Dallas to accept your bag (in case it turns up before you, you'll need to make sure someone accepts it), and have the bag forwarded there. It's better than engaging in funny (unfunny) chase with bag by trying to meet up with it somewhere where you are staying for less than 48 hours. It will be much less stressful and have a higher chance of success. Having said that, I guess being without things for a few days until you get there might be rather problematic.

Was there any chance of your picking things up from your home?

I have business meetings tomorrow and don't want to do that in my jeans and hoodie :-) plus I have a couple of laptops in the hold that are needed for a conference I will be exhibiting at next week.
Now, I really hate to kick you when you're down, for your future protection, I strongly suggest never to do this - a sole suit should never be packed in checked baggage in case this happens, and laptops should never, ever be packed in a suitcase unless you are happy for it to be lost or broken - for a start, they might simply get broken during transit even if it's packed very well!

Aside from that, since the carrier that lost your bag is IB and not BA, any claim you make needs to be sent to IB. Since you have been home, I am not sure how you'd go with having IB reimburse you for 'essentials' as they might expect you to have spares at home etc. But if you genuinely don't, then you could try claiming things off them but be prepared for a potential 'no' answer for whatever you buy (make sure you keep the original receipts).

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Nov 5, 2018 at 9:16 am