FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Q Suite Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Nov 4, 2018, 6:43 pm
brunos
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by DMPHL
QSuite roulette is not really a thing on the routes on which it was officially launched...Not just for which it is sometimes randomly scheduled, but routes for which it is officially announced: LHR, JFK, IAD, ORD. The only way those routes would happen not to get QSuite products on the 77W is if a plane has to be taken out of service or for some other unforeseen operational reason.

This is nothing at all like scheduling a QSuite 77W for DOH-CMB and then swapping it out at the last minute.
Your words sound like authoritative wisdom, but many posters here might disagree.
There have been many, many routes where Qsuites have been introduced (I don't like the term"officially launched") and where there is "official" (i.e. scheduled) change of ac. I am not talking about last minute ac substitution, but about sudden aircraft change in the schedule.
Having flown over 50 J flights with QR, I got about the same number of scheduled equipment changes. One of my DOH-CDG flight got three ac changes within 4 months.
Maybe the US flights have a greater degree of "stability"