FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Government Regulation of Seat Pitch?
View Single Post
Old Nov 4, 2018, 2:29 pm
trooper

Originally Posted by danielSuper
This is some Supply side Jesus stuff. They, as in oligopolistic cartel decided to milk their tens of billions of profits even more and present a false choice to customer to whom they shift a blame through ideologues like you.
If people had a choice of Emirates, Eurowings, InterJet and United for a flight between Chicago and New York, do you think they would choose the Economy seat they cannot fit? Europe is geographically bigger than USA and Alaska, how come their flights are constantly so cheap compared to big 3 in US? If flight between city pair is constantly $500 in US, of course people will pick the freaking basic economy, but they don't have a choice. They are squeezed by cartel and being shamed as nickle and diming peasants who choose not to travel comfortably. Disgusting.
But the reliably cheapest flights in Europe are on the ULCCs like Ryanair...which have extremely tight seat pitch..... You can't talk about those prices while looking at seating on airlines that are more expensive!. Emirates doesn't even HAVE domestic flights of any note, so you are comparing long haul international there.....
And where do you get this "constantly so cheap" idea?. I just put in a random date next year for both LAX-ORD and LHR-MOW (both in the 1500-1700 mile range) LAX-ORD non stop on Alaskan was $AUD 206..for the same date the cheapest non-stop LHR-MOW was AUD$411.... Yes..you could get there cheaper on a 1 stop... AUD$160.. but it would take 8 hours and go via Athens! CONSTANTLY cheaper??? When I tried to book a trip from ARN-LON last year the only reasonable price I could find was on Norwegian.... and I wouldn't hold them up as paragons of extra space in Y!

Last edited by trooper; Nov 4, 2018 at 2:39 pm