FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need Advice: Platinum Premier leaving Marriott. How to make the most of the move?
Old Nov 4, 2018, 1:26 pm
Travelosopher

Programs: SPG LTP, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, IHGPlat, RadGold, Marriott Plat, BW Diamond
PS - I’m Starwood LTP and I loved my elite benefits with SPG. Now I’m Marriott Rewards LTP, but will be LTPP after the new year. I will stay with Starriot whoever it makes sense for me to do so, but I’ve been maintaining & enjoying Hyatt as well. And, as a leisure traveler, the credit card nights toward elite status will help me keep up with the increased number of nights to qualify for World of Hyatt Globalist status. The fact that they now count free nights and award nights will also help me in this regard. Though the change in the cash & points rates as of Nov 1st is not so good for me. But I have gotten used to the fact that there are always changes in these loyalty programs. The buyout of Starwood by Marriott was the worst for me, but I’m glad I also have Hyatt. PS - Since you are SPG LTP with 735 nights, I highly recommend getting up to 750 nights by the end of the year. I know that others feel differently, but I am of the opinion that it might be better for us to be LTPP in the long run as opposed to LTP - especially since you’re so close to the 750 night threshold. Well, good luck!

Last edited by Travelosopher; Nov 4, 2018 at 1:29 pm Reason: Typo