FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need help regarding transatlantic GIG connection from AEP-GIG flight.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 11:29 am
KDS777

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
Originally Posted by flo_147
So you would take the 6.40 am flight which gets in at around 10ish over the 1pm, which gets in at 4.55pm. Taking the 1pm flight would give me 3:40 hours layover.
Thx!
So the choices are roughly a 10 hour layover versus 3:40..........I'd take the flight that gives me at least a 4-6 hours minimum layover as I like to hang out in the GIG *A lounge (I've killed 3-5 hours in their easily) as well as check out the boutiques in the renovated terminal, etc. Also, you are talking about flying in February and "there may be" different security measures in effect by then.

Having said that, I never check bags either. But that's me. Would I risk a 3:40 layover connection with checked bags at GIG (which is a major drug source airport and knowing how glacially slow their bag smashers are) while flying to Europe, no I would not. But, then again, that's just me, and perhaps I am over thinking it and erring on the side of caution.

Tough call.

Last edited by KDS777; Nov 4, 2018 at 11:35 am