FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA A350 - No first class cabin [initial deliveries 3 class, with 4 class to follow]
Old Nov 4, 2018, 2:39 am
dodgeflyer

Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
With most companies I know downgrading business travel to premium, I don't think it's a surprise really. AA has begun adding 'proper' premium in recent times to benefit from such policies.

When the new BA Club seat is fitted to older aircraft, it's thought BA will reduce 14 seat F to eight seats too. Can hold the price that way with exclusivity, while seating more passengers in the aircraft overall.

Those airlines with space-eating F offerings (basically all the middle east ones) often find them undersold. Hardly a sustainable model.
​​​​​
the prem econ trend started long before AA and most would argue that the US are late in that game.

Of course Middle East carriers struggle filling F seats, unless coming from the ‘sticks’ no one who can truly afford F (I mean buys last minute/always flexible) wants to connect in the Middle East. That’s why LX, LH, CX can afford to keep an F cabin because their home markets dictate the cabin and in a similar vein why BA should be able to too. Of course in a slimmed down offering, reduced route network which is of course the path they’ll go down.