FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business award downgraded BCN-ORD segment, AA fails to refund equitably
Old Nov 4, 2018, 12:13 am
arttravel

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by edfisher

I am a lawyer and lawsuits are a way to make arrogant companies play by the rules. And in reaching out I have discovered that AA is notorious for failing to adequately compensate people for delays, cancellations and downgrades. The way I have been treated by the AA customer service agents and supervisors is terrible. My favorite was the last agent stating “ well you got home didn't you”. What was I supposed to do, stay in Spain? Ignorance of the law is no excuse for not abiding by existing regulations. All AA customer service reps should know about the regulations for all countries AA flies to/from. If they don’t, turn the customer over to someone who does. Don’t just say “I’ve never heard of EC261/2004”.
I am a bit confused and not a lawyer, you are a lawyer who looked for interest in a class action lawsuit in the US against AA over EU 261 — but are unfamiliar with the failure of a similar lawsuit that was dismissed against Delta?

Volodarskiy, et al. v. Delta Airlines Inc., Case No. 1:11-cv-00782, in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.

communicate with the right department on EU claims and ask for an explanation if not satisfied.

And I would have also been very peeved in this situation.