FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tenth Anniversary of DL/NW merger
View Single Post
Old Nov 3, 2018, 4:25 pm
ab2013

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Originally Posted by n7371f
You know what's interesting is talking to former NWA employees...and how many of them say they miss their airline. I always do a double take. When I flew Northwest I often felt like I loved the airline more than the people who were paid by it.

I had my challenges of disenfranchised flight attendants and even airport workers over the years. I recall that once I made Million it got better. And nothing will ever compare to the Chisholm "Platinum" line. Thank you Delta for keeping those fine folks.

Looking back I appreciate the reliability, swiftness and ease which NW made my travels. It wasn't always 5-star but it was reliable and I knew what to expect. And no one should forget the value of WorldPerks as a Platinum and MM. The folks that ran the FF understood their weaknesses and in most ways, the program compensated for it - maybe more than necessary. I felt spoiled when I had to live under SkyMiles.

And I think the former Northwest workers fondly recall the trailblazing ways of their airline. The history of the Red Tail in operations, technology and pushing the industry are what I believe they reminisce about. And that I agree with.
The irony is that at the time they hated their employer and probably even their jobs.

Last edited by ab2013; Nov 3, 2018 at 4:30 pm