FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Many luxury hotels in London with weak gyms?
Old Nov 2, 2018, 7:00 pm
YVRYEGYVR

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
Thank you for the replies.

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
I know very little about any of the hotels mentioned, but if you want a proper pool that's what I would focus on in picking the hotel. That's easier to search for photo-wise.

If you're serious about spinning, how about using a pay-as-you-go gym/class instead? There are loads of great gyms all over London for this. For example literally right opposite the Mondrian is 1Rebel which has excellent spin (Ride) classes (the Reshape class is also great). You could get a trial membership on Classpass for your trip for these.
Likely may have to choose a class of some sort, but I typically do not spin in a class, just with the wife, and sometimes at odd hours a class wouldn't be offered. Also while happy to pay for luxury hotels, I like getting a lot of what I perceive as value, which would include 24hr access to a spin bikes.

Originally Posted by tom tulpe
Very few actual lap pools in Central London Hotels. Space is at a premium, and the main London luxury hotel clientele isn't quite the West Coast fit-for-fun crowd.

The only place with a proper lap pool (25 m) I can think of is the Marriott County Hall. Which incidentally has some of the best views in London.
Thanks. Haymarket seems to have a close to 20m pool, and some others have resistance pools which are good and do the job.

[

Final plan will be to not worry about the gym, try some classes.
i have a mental complex about buffet breakfasts and weak gyms

Last edited by YVRYEGYVR; Nov 2, 2018 at 7:05 pm Reason: removed quote