FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2018
Old Nov 2, 2018, 3:36 pm
princeville

Originally Posted by drvannostren
I've had no issues booking this kind of thing before. Cheapoair has worked just fine for me in the past. Some of the sketchier OTAs I've been ticketed then had a call saying "oh actually it's $$$ more so your option is to take that or refund" in which case I've just refunded.

I would've bought one of these from SEA, but I have no status with Oneworld and my experience flying BA in the past was fine, but unremarkable so I don't feel the need to fly them again and also I read on a blog post these are hand baggage only...which I HOPE cheapoair is explaining, cuz that's my fear with all basic economy etc, that OTAs won't let people sufficiently know. I don't really wanna go to Croatia for a week with 6kg allowance. I can travel carry on only, but in these basic economy/handbag only type things that's not usually allowed so I'll pass.
I purchased this last night from LAX on Expedia. The ticket was issued on OU stock, but most flights are on BA (with the added bonus of our return flight on a 747 - I hope that doesn't change). Expedia showed that a carry-on would be allowed during the booking process and viewing the reservation on BA confirms that.

1 handbag/laptop bag (max. 23kg / 51lb and up to 40 x 30 x 15cm / 16 x 12 x 6in)
plus
1 additional cabin bag (max. 23kg / 51lb and up to 56 x 45 x 25cm / 22 x 18 x 10in)

A checked bag, up to 23kg, is $60.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...age-allowances