FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Non-revs visibility on upgrade list and their priority over elites
Old Nov 2, 2018, 11:27 am
Uncle Nonny

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Originally Posted by samm

I stated in my first paragraph that the original flight did have a confirmed upgrade, it cleared as soon as I bought the ticket. I don’t think it’s a matter of winning or losing as the flights are not related.

I forgot to mention the flight was delayed for just over 2 hours. Maintenance was working on it during boarding, it’s not as if we had to turn around and come back. I don’t think the GA was in any rush because they knew it would be at the gate for awhile. So it turned out to be a 3 hour journey in economy and 12 of the 16 pax in FC were in various employee uniforms, and the remaining had an ID around their neck so I would assume they were also nonrev. Respectfully, if you wouldn’t find that a bit frustrating that an entire FC cabin is full of employees and they send an EP to the back (with literally no one else on the UG list), I guess we just approach the AAdvantage program differently.
I read your OP twice and didn't see the original upgrade cleared. Third time I saw it, my bad. You had an upgrade, you changed your flight. AA is only as good as their employees. Whether it's the employees training or the employees being trained. Add to that an IT system that is both way too complicated and lacking in the most simplistic components. I'm aware that AA is ripe with the aforementioned. That bad is on you. I "approach" the program with the expectation with base expectations. So , yes, I guess we do have different expectations from the AAdvantage program.