FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - split payment at Home Depot self checkout?
Old Nov 2, 2018, 9:03 am
iahphx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

split payment at Home Depot self checkout?

The other week I discovered that you can buy gift cards at Home Depot's self checkout kiosks. I was flipping one of those new Blackhawk "Happy" gift cards that I got at Office Depot on a promo into another GC. But it was an even exchange. What would happen if I wanted to buy a GC for a higher denomination with, say, $50 Happy cards? Would the kiosk simply apply my $50 and ask me for additional payment (when I could then scan more Happy cards).

The reason I ask is that HD does not seem to sell $50 Amazon GCs (which I basically consider to be cash), so my interest in the various ongoing Happy GC promos is limited without a quick and easy way to get rid of them (important because Blackhawk doesn't adequately protect these cards from theft). At Bed Bath & Beyond, you can theoretically buy Visa and MC gift cards with the Happy cards, but you're going to have to do it with a cashier, who's likely to think your transaction is suspicious when you want her to run a wad of Happy cards. So a Home Depot self checkout machine would be useful -- if it works with these.