FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to Avios booking / BA001
View Single Post
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:50 am
grantsteve

Thanks

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Unless LCY is particularly convenient for you, and you could abandon reliance on a car, flying from a different airport that you have to travel to from LHR after already having spent a long time getting to LHR doesn't sound like much fun.
It would be less convenient that LHR unless we used the train but then we would still need to transfer from Marylebone or Euston. Also, I wouldn't necessarly trust the return service to be running normally on a Sunday when we arrive back at LHR to get us home in anything like an efficient manner.

I've just looked up the transfer from LHR to LCY using public transport and it sounds horrendous so that's a non-starter.

Originally Posted by Globaliser
At the moment you've got a trip set up that works, and 63AB on a 747 is a pretty nice place to be. If you don't already have a good reason to change it, I can't really see one.
Agreed. I was drawn to BA001 and the idea of pre-clearing US immigration, plus the novelty of flying from LCY on an all J service. Also who knows how long that service will continue to be around.

However it sounds like it might turn out to be more hassle than its worth.