FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways / QR: Redeem AA Miles for Award (master thd)
Old Nov 1, 2018, 4:58 am
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by jiaogulan
I can book AMM-DOH stand alone in Z class for 30,000 miles.

Booking AMM-DOH-ORD-ATL (all QR, until AA on the last leg) gives me the same error:
  • The flight you selected is no longer available. Please modify your request.
Also, trying to book AMM-DOH-ATL (what I really want) on two separate days brings me the same error. So it is something about the AMM-DOH flight breaking the pricing/booking (because AMM-DOH flight is available on it's own), I guess because of the long-standing "Gulf First Issue". It's so frustrating. I am still firming up my plans, so I'll either try one more time to see if someone can book it all properly in Gulf First/Business for 70K miles, or I may just change it up and take RJ to Doha and QR to Atlanta.
Weird, seems to be some sort of mixture of a married/phantom/aa.com/Z/U glitch or bug.

If you can put just the AMM-DOH on hold, I would do that, then call AA to add the DOH-ATL, and go from there. At least that gets everything on the same record, see if they can price it correctly. If not, keep everything on hold (even at the F rate), and keep HUCA.