FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Problems with HOTEL voucher bought with the reward points
Old Nov 1, 2018, 3:06 am
Jay2018

Programs: ROP, Star Alliance, Mileage plus
Angry Problems with HOTEL voucher bought with the reward points

Hi everyone,

I purchased a 24k mile rewards hotel voucher in August to stay at a hotel in Hoi An, Vietnam. The hotel responded quickly telling me the voucher is not working and that I needed to contact ROP. I have contacted ROP countless times, it is now November 1st and still havent been able to get a reason why the voucher is not working. The ROP customer service has stopped responding to my emails and never gave me and explanation of what is going on with the voucher. The miles have been removed from my account and I have received the voucher email. I've asked them to refund the miles, but they have not responded. I would try another hotel to see if its the hotel's problem, but the hotel is the only rewards hotel in the surrounding area.

Has anyone had any problems using the hotel vouchers for out of country stays? I have used it a few times in Thailand with no problems.

Regardless of the reason why the voucher is not working the customer service has to be the worst I've ever encountered for an airline company. I have flown a number of times from Europe to Thailand and vice versa with almost no problems. They have been very helpful in person and as far as I can remember responsive through email.

Last edited by Jay2018; Nov 1, 2018 at 7:02 am Reason: Added Vietnam to Hoi An