Old Nov 1, 18, 2:00 am
dcinmb

U.S. to Nairobi in Late September 2019?

My mom and I are hoping to fly from the U.S. to Nairobi on one of Qatar's Qsuite flights in late September 2019. I've been looking at JFK/ORD/IAD/IAH > Doha > NBO on the AA site for the past few weeks and there appears to be plenty of business class availability up until 9/19/19. Unfortunately, there are no Qatar awards of any kind available after the 19th.

The same thing happens every day:
  • Midnight: Qatar business and economy class saver awards for all of Qatar's U.S. routes appear for 331 days out. (For example, at midnight Pacific Time yesterday (10/31), Qatar flights popped up for 9/27/19.) However, none of these are ever bookable and I keep getting the error message: "The flight you selected is no longer available. Please modify your request."
  • Approx. 8 pm: All of these Qatar business and economy class awards disappear from the AA site.
I've spoken with numerous reservations and web support reps and the most seemingly knowledgeable response I've received is that the Qatar awards should pop back up again 4 - 5 days after they appeared for the first time. This rep had no explanation for why nothing's come back since the 9/19/19 flights made their reappearance.

To further complicate things, the 9/19/19 Qatar flights are bookable on the site, but none of the reps can even see these flights, much less book them.

I'm hoping that these are just growing pains since Qatar awards only recently became bookable on the AA site, but I'm starting to worry that Akbar Al Baker's finally starting to make good on his threats to withdraw from Oneworld.

In the meantime, I've put a BA itinerary on hold but I'd really rather not resort to BA, for obvious reasons.

If anyone can offer any insight or suggestions, I'd really appreciate it! Ideally, we'd like to arrive in Nairobi on 9/27 or 9/28.

Thank you!