FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Getting from Florence to Seville via VCE and MAD
Old Oct 31, 2018, 11:04 pm
obscure2k
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
Long story short, we must take the 8:30AM train on a Sunday morning from Florence to Venice, which arrives around 10:23AM (earliest and fastest train possible), the earliest AVTO bus (fastest option?) to VCE airport we can catch is probably the 10:45AM one and it's about 20 mins trip so we should arrive at VCE around 11:05-11:10AM. Now, our flight from Venice to Seville via MAD, Spain departs at 11:50AM sharp (Iberia). Again cannot change the VCE-MAD-SVQ flight (all other options are gone). We are flying economy, have Priority Pass.

Are we doomed? Is the new airport much better in terms of moving people through? If we purchase the 40 euro SAVE pass, will that help us?

We have bags to check - but if necessary, I'll just make sure we don't need to check any bags.
My nephew recently spent a month in Florence and last week took that exact train to Venice for the day. If every single thing goes right, you will arrive in VCE on time. Given your departure time out of Marco Polo Airport, I suggest taking a water taxi to the airport. Yes, it will cost 5x the price of the bus, but you will definitely arrive in time. I think the scenario you describe is cutting it way too close . The new airport is very nice but I am not impressed that they move people through quickly, with or without Priority Passes.