Old Oct 31, 18, 9:00 pm
Horace

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by x10Corey View Post
Just an update on my end. I received a call from another manager at the Cosmo saying that he followed up with Marriott and that they are in the process of updating the terms to exclude the Cosmo from offering breakfast. He apologized and refunded the 2 charges I had from the buffet that I went to even though I didn't ask for it. He also stated it's been causing issues not only for myself but for other platinum members and they're working on getting it updated ASAP.
Even if the terms & conditions are updated with completely clear, absolutely unambiguous language about the Cosmopolitan, I have news for the manager: Most Platinum Elite guests will still expect Autograph Collection resort benefits at an Autograph Collection resort — and that includes breakfast for member + 1 as a Welcome Gift option.

It should not be necessary for every guest to look for property-specific exceptions in the fine print of the terms & conditions for every property before every stay. There are 6,700+ properties! It's hard enough to know the benefits at 29 different brands.

Shame on Marriott for allowing property-specific exceptions.

Maybe the Cosmopolitan should just comply the Autograph Collection standards. Attracting plenty of Platinum Elite guests would probably be good for business.

Originally Posted by x10Corey View Post
So I guess that's that. What should have taken 5 minutes of time took numerous phone calls, contacting Marriott Corporate Relations, a Facebook message, and roughly 3 hours of total time. I really wanted an additional apology and follow up from the terrible treatment I experienced from the Marriott customer service manager but oh well, at least I finally got someone at Marriott to admit they're in the wrong and that they're going to fix it. We'll have to see if they actually follow through. I have a 14 day stay coming up in Maui next week at Sheratons & Marriotts, can't wait to see what issues I have there.
The good news is that there haven't been posts on this board about Marriott legacy full-service resorts failing to comply with the post-August 18 Platinum Elite benefits, including daily breakfast for member + 1 as a Welcome Gift option for Platinum Elite guests.

At Starwood legacy resorts such as Sheratons, nothing has really changed regarding daily breakfast for member + 1 as a Welcome Gift option for Platinum guests.