FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CSP & CSR Trip Cancellation/Delay Insurance Issues/Comments (2016 - 2019)
Old Oct 31, 2018, 7:30 pm
GoSaints9

Programs: AA Gold
Thanks everyone for the replies. Been away for several days and just now catching up on things.

My apologies. I'm having trouble w the multi-quote option

@Xyzzy...Correct...I was attempting to claim compensation based on her physician recommending the trip was "medically inadvisable." My guide reads the same as yours so your point regarding cancelling when someone MAY get sick vs IS currently sick is how I think they are denying this. However, I had assumed since her physician felt the trip was "medically inadvisable" I would be covered since that is the way the guide reads (as you mentioned earlier in your post).

@747FC...I agree. I don't think the quarantine claim would work since cancellation was solely precautionary and she is not sick.

@threeoh...I just replied to the AA customer relations email and asked for a phone call and attached the MD letter. Will try that route before calling the CSR claims line.

Bottom line, this is a challenging situation and I don't think anyone would knowingly act against the advice of their wife's physician and potentially put their unborn child in harm's way as in my case. Whether AA or an insurance company agrees with a physician's recs and my actions as a result of that is what needs to be called into question.