FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help a Globalist hang on? HR Maui availability at 20k points, then disappears...
Old Oct 31, 2018, 12:36 pm
aclar08

Programs: HHonor PM; Hyatt Dia;Marriott PP; Delta PM
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Good luck. HR Maui is one of my favorite hotels. Great service, great pool complex. And they make a mean lava flow.

The HR waikiki does not compare. It's not a "bad" hotel by any stretch, but it's disappointing if you've been to the HR Maui and are expecting something similar.
I just got back from the HR Maui and was EXTREMELY disappointed this trip with the HR Maui. We spent a 4 days at the Andaz and 3 days at the HR and my spouse and I both felt on our next trip we would just stay at the Andaz the whole time. The property is really starting to show its wear and needs some upgrades/maintenance. The new regency club is a downgrade in my opinion. I agree that that staff and pools are great.

This was our fourth trip during the time they have been selling the Hyatt Residence Club. With every trip the HRC sales team has become increasingly aggressive in their sales approach and techniques. There is nowhere to hide to avoid the high pressure representatives as they have several booths in each tower hallway and the main courtyard. What is most surprising is that Hyatt allows HRC to be so aggressive given that HRC is owned by Internal Intl and now Marriott and only is a licencing agreement with Hyatt at this point. This is Hyatt not Wyndham!

I would not return to the HR Maui until the HRC is sold out.