FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott.com website : bugs, glitches and outages
Old Oct 31, 2018, 11:59 am
KRSW

Everyone keeps quoting that HospitalityNet article written by the former SPG IT guy. I'm sure he's got an axe to grind, but he's dead wrong.

MARSHA is dead. If anything, we wouldn't be having the problems now if they had kept it around. Instead, they started moving "to the cloud" in 2015:
https://diginomica.com/2015/10/07/wh...ms-with-nosql/

Those of us who were Marriott loyalists pre-merger (instead of SPG'ers) know all too well that the website's been slowly devolving over a year now as they moved everything off the old mainframe and to the cloud. Another mistake Marriott made was having NO workbench/test-bed system. It appears everything is being done on the production system. We saw this with the various EMPOWER hotels showing up in Antarctica. How a company with $22BN in revenue can't afford a separate test platform AND redundant production platform is beyond my comprehension.

Originally Posted by TSparky
Another issue is trying to book a hotel room anything after midnight. It refuses to recognize that people can get stranded somewhere at 12:01 am and would like to get some sleep somewhere besides the airport floor.
This has been a problem for years. I ran into it last year when I was on an emergency call and by the time I finished the roads to the flat I normally stay in that town were flooded. Fortunately calling the property directly was able to remedy this. Still, not acceptable in 2018.