FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Admirals Club rates increased, new restrictions: 1 Nov 2019
Old Oct 31, 2018, 11:40 am
scubadu

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
I remember that ten years ago (LAA) the ACs had little in the way of complimentary food. Mushy apples and maybe stale bagels (I used to think that the LGA AC got them local restaurants throwing out food) for breakfast and nothing but pretzels for lunch and dinner time. No complimentary booze. So the ACs have come a long way and membership costs haven't gone up dramatically. So I have no issue with a $50 price increase. The biggest issue is that the everyone can come in with some type of credit card has made the lounges crowded, particularly at peak times and/or during irregular operations.
I largely agree with you. However, at least for Citi cardholders that would be a $100 increase, not $50. And the challenge for my wife and I is that we don't necessarily use the AAdmirals Club that much and of course on international flights we have access via status. And I have on occasion used the lounge when flying United, if my employer required it, and I valued using the club in AUS (all one terminal there, no access issues). So for our household the cost has largely been "worth" it and in the noise margin, but as causal users there is a price point where I'll likely balk...

Regards