Old Oct 31, 18, 11:29 am
phltraveler

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTP, Hertz President's Club
Sheraton front desk - PMS system migration to Marriott?

So now that everything is merged and happy under one roof (e.g. elite counts for re-qualification are not separate post 08/18), I find myself staying at legacy SPG properties more. This week I find myself in a Sheraton (Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel).

Upon my check-in on Monday, I was given a letter that they would be merging with the Marriott reservations systems over the next few days, and thus on the 30th of October a folio would be cut mid-stay (did happen as promised). They also apologized that they would not be able to process room charges for the hotel convenience shop/bar/hotel and they would be cash/credit only through November 1st.

I'm just curious, it seems to be a switch-over of the property management system that the front desk clerks use, but I haven't seen anything here about it. Is this a systemwide thing that I've somehow missed a thread on, or maybe they're migrating a few properties first as a test?

Side note: Have stayed at two Sheraton properties post-08/18. In both cases, I was only greeted as a Platinum, not a Platinum Premier. Not the end of the world as I had lounge access but I wondered about upgrade priority, etc...