FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Recent Domestic FC Upgrade Funkiness
View Single Post
Old Oct 31, 2018, 8:50 am
sydneyracquelle

Recent Domestic FC Upgrade Funkiness

Over the past 3-4 years as a DM (and now a PM), I would routinely receive an automatic domestic FC upgrade at exactly 5:30pm ET 6 days prior to each flight. Over the past +/-year or so this FC upgrade time changed to T-120 hours. During this time period when FC space wasn’t available during the 5 or 6-day advance window my name would go on the UG list at the gate. It was very black and white and never ever would any FC upgrade occur in between the window and the gate.

For the past couple of months my experience has completely changed. I am routinely no longer being upgraded at the T-120 window anymore (even when plenty of FC space is available) but virtually always being upgraded to FC randomly at 1, 2, 3 or 4 days prior to departure. This happened once again early this morning ET at approximately T-78. It often also happens around T-30 prior to check-in.

I am certainly not complaining as no one has a legal right to a free FC upgrade but I find it unusual compared with DL’s stated policy of T-120 or at the gate and my past experience. This has happened both when traveling alone and with a companion.