FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]
Old Oct 31, 2018, 8:35 am
C17PSGR

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by justwong
I had similar response. I called Marriott right after I was refused by the front desk and the customer care called the hotel but just passed on the message that "Cosmo opts out" to me and even hung up on. I wrote tens of emails... Marriott forwarded my email to the hotel and the hotel says they opt out. And I wrote emails again and was told that Cosmo is not a resort so the hotel does not violates the policy??? I asked the customer care what the "resort fee" I was charged for and waiting for a response. It really pissed me off that I had to spend this much of time dealing with this .....

What's annoying is they just say Cosmo opts out, as if a hotel can just say we don't want to provide program benefits. I think we've figured out a tortured path regarding that Cosmo may not be a participating property and MR has the right to interpret the policy. Of course, if they wanted to avoid confusion, they could just state that Cosmo doesn't provide the breakfast benefit. They knew how to write that Cosmo doesn't provide the premium internet benefit in the T&C. Cosmo likely doesn't want to do that, however, because they want to look like they are participating in the program.