FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A333 on HKG-CAN! Isn't it insane?!
View Single Post
Old Oct 31, 2018, 7:08 am
kaka
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by KayVeeBee
Why is that extra time needed? One advantage of trains (if the operator chooses to be smart) is that you do not need to be so early at a station. 5 minutes before departure on the platform should be sufficient (and in most rail systems it is).
i agree, but being smart in china is not the way forward. no. china wants to secure their so-called national security and require check-in a silly amount of time in advance. That's why one flies HND-ITM purely just for mileage purposes.
The train operation also advertises a 45 minute checkin at West Kowloon Station which makes one having to spend more time in a train station than for flights, where one only needs to check in at Hong Kong or Kowloon station 90 minutes (up to 5.30 the day before) before a flight. More to show that the train operations is some sloppy shambles. Nevermind, the tickerting system just broke today.

Therefore I would be flying if i were to transit. Who transits from a long haul flight from tokyo to osaka/kyoto on a train anyways, or connect CDG to AMS (or even BRU) w thalys.