FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA | 2018 edition
View Single Post
Old Oct 31, 2018, 4:18 am
bisonrav

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by billyb750
Not really a DYKWIA, but more an encounter with one of the guardians to the CCR at LHR during my first, and only time, of having entitlement to use the CCR.

My itinerary was a same day return from LHR-AMS in Club Europe, followed by an onward flight from LHR to JFK in First later the same day.

Got to LHR in the morning prior to my AMS flight and approached the CCR via the airside route (not via the First Wing, which at the time didn’t exist). Erroneously showed my CE boarding pass for the AMS flight, which was sternly dismissed by the attendant with an “I am sorry sir, this lounge is reserved for our first class ticket holders; the lounge you can use is our Galleries Club lounge which is located over there” [emphasis added on the ‘over there’].

How the attendant was then surprised when I pulled out the subsequent LHR-JFK boarding pass. “Oh”, they then said in a somewhat reconciliatory and more cheery manner, “Please do come on in!”

Just made me chuckle how the attendant’s demeanour changed from me showing them the wrong boarding pass to the right boarding pass! 😀 To be fair to the attendant as well, I was dressed in jeans, trainers, and a hoodie, which probably didn’t help my credentials.
They will get a lot of this from people unsure of which lounge to use. It's quite reasonable really - though I had a similar situation when travelling in F when they looked first at the status on the BP (which at the time was silver) and dismissed me with a curt - "the lounge for silver is upstairs sir". A quick retort of "I'm in First Class" resulted in profuse apologies.